As i was travelling back, a guy sitting diagonally opposite me looked at me. As soon as our met, almost instinctively I looked away. Impulsive response. I realised a sec later - the moment was gone. While I looked the other side, my eyes met that of the girl sitting opposite. As I tried to sustain the eye contact, she looked away -similiar to what I had done. The above sequence got repeated twice with better eye contact the next time but no smiles.
A lot of times, I look at people while travelling and they look back and a smile is exchanged. :-)
However, a lot of the time the above happens.
I wonder what role the subconscious mind plays as it filters people :-). I had read blink http://www.gladwell.com/blink/index.html and could relate to it closely. I realise, mostly, I have already absorbed what I had to absorb to formulate a perception in one blink. It's just my transmission mechanism is not good.
But, what I would love to explore is if it is possible to over-ride the blink phenomenon and over ride it well - not only by sheer will power but by God knows what so that result still feels from the heart.
I just hope all this makes sense coz I'm not going to read and edit the above :-))
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment