It is like legacy passed down from my mother. I don't think I ever realised it as a child. But today from where I stand, it is my source of warmth :-). If I'm hungry and thristy- I can easily go and stand in a bok shop and forget all about it.
At times, though, I wonder - am I living too much in the mind? Reading and living in the world of thoughts and ideas, am I grounded enough? Getting as much as 9 books from the library makes me wonder - is it becoming an obsession? am I running away from life?
Months back I had heard a distinguished speaker start his seminar by saying that the only drawback of books is that they don't smile back as humans do. I did not like what I heard and wondered - oh, you don't know what it is like to have a book in hand, it is an intimate conversation the nature which cannot be controlled. It is my belief born out of my experience that it is the book who decides who shall read and when. Mortals may spend money to purchase the book but they cannot decide the time when they shall be able to comprehend the contents. Thus when I can't grasp a book - I'm not dissapointed - I wait :-) .
I shall be returning some of the books I got yesterday. I still have quite a few remaining.
Of the many that I'm reading the two I pick for this week are London the biography by Peter Ackroyd and Intution by Alan Seale.
More laters...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment