Tomorrow is full moon. The moon is full during 5:45am london time. :-)
My mother used to fast though we are sikh and really not bound by fasting and similar traditions. Then during the evenings she would go upstairs reciting bani. This were private moments for her. As a child I never realised. At times I would go with her, playing or generally looking around till she nods me to join her. I don't exactly recollect but I gather she used to take water and sugar with her. And so she would offer the same, even I would get a chance to offer and then the rest was mine :-)). Having a sweet tooth made this like treat with a ritual. She would then proceed to have her first light meal of the day.
It is now I realise that it must be so demanding for her. She used to teach, then come back and take care of family - all on a few cups of tea.
I can't fast but tomorrow morning I shall pray as she used too and for her :-)
It is late but I love you mom and I miss you very much in my life.
refer to http://stars.metawire.com [daily planets]. This is general info - one site I like to check out.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment